- Computer-based exercises on scientific measurement, math, safety and communication skills, laboratory equipment techniques for the microscope, balance, pH meter, thermometer, and spectrophotometer, the scientific method, and solving a scientific mystery for students in grades 6-12
- Narrated tutorial provides comprehensive information on what science is and how scientists solve problems
- Practice (instant feedback) or test (tracked and graded) assessment modes to evaluate student knowledge
- Teacher resources to create tests, worksheets, and multimedia tutorials and presentations for customized lessons
- Available as an individual or network license
The Neo/SCI How Scientists Do Science Neo/LAB CD-ROM is computer-based interactive exercises on scientific measurement, math, safety and communication skills, laboratory equipment techniques for the microscope, balance, pH meter, thermometer, and spectrophotometer, the scientific method, and solving a scientific mystery for students in grades 6-12, a narrated tutorial, assessments of student comprehension, and customized teacher resources. This software provides a realistic, simulated laborator
List Price: $ 119.94
Price: $ 113.64
- How this storm glass really works is a mystery, but it is believed that electromagnetic changes in weather patterns activate crystals inside (sealed-glass chamber fills with crystals when air pressure decreases).
- A storm glass works on the premise that temperature and pressure affect solubility, sometimes resulting in clear liquid; other times causing precipitants to form. However, the method by which this works is not fully understood.
- Some people have proposed that surface interactions between the glass wall of the storm glass and the liquid contents account for the crystals. Explanations sometimes include effects of electricity or quantum tunneling across the glass.
- Includes one year warranty from Ambient Weather.
During the historic voyage, FitzRoy carefully documented how the storm glass would predict the weather:
If the liquid in the glass is clear, the weather will be bright and clear.
If the liquid is cloudy, the weather will be cloudy as well, perhaps with precipitation.
If there are small dots in the liquid, humid or foggy weather can be expected.
A cloudy glass with small stars indicates thunderstorms.
If the liquid contains small stars on sunny winter days, then snow is coming
List Price: $ 20.00
Price: $ 8.99